It’s faster and uses less energy.
- Devices That Suck (Power)
- Toilet running? Faucet dripping? You could be wasting water. To check
for leaks, turn off all water taps inside and outside your home. Locate
your water meter. If the dial is moving you may have a plumbing leak.
- 5 Easy Fixes For A High Summer Electric Bill
- If you're not using it, unplug it.
- Programmable thermostats can help maintain an efficient home
environment. Plus many local utility companies offer them for FREE.
- Put a brick in your toilet tank so that it will use less water to fill it up.
- Don't leave the water running if you're not using it. i.e. Turn off the
faucet while you brush your teeth.
- Check out solar powered battery chargers for cell phones, Bluetooth,
tablets, MP3 players, etc.
- Use the burner size on your cooktop stove that matches the size of your
pot or pan to not have unused energy
- Use a covered kettle or pan or electric kettle to boil water.
- Keep your freezer full for efficiency
- Consider using your toaster oven instead of your larger range/stove. You'll
use less energy and keep your home cooler in the summer
- Cool your home in the summer months with the thermostat set to 78°F or
warmer. Warm your home in the winter months with your thermostat set
to 68°F or cooler.